Wednesday, March 31, 2010

World of Birds

I had a lovely time on Saturday, 13 March 2010 with my friends, Lu-Gerda & Belinda.

We went to World of Birds in Hout Bay (South Africa). Yes, I have been living in Cape Town since I came back from Mercy Ships in April 2007... which makes it 3 years! Wow... how time flies... ok, going off track (which is my usual thing - plus waaaay too much detail) :-)

Anyway, what I was going to say is that I have been living here for 3 years and only found out about this place (like really knowing about it... not just seeing the sign and forgetting about it) mid February 2010! So, when Lu-Gerda informed me she is coming to Cape Town for the weekend from Mossel Bay where she resides... and said she wanted to do something fun this weekend... I thought - World of Birds in Hout Bay! She loved the idea, so the 3 of us ended up going there on the Sat. morning. Wow, what a lovely place, and so big with such variety of not only birds but other animals as well! I would definitely recommend to view this place if you have never been, but be sure to put at least 3 or 4 hours aside for it... maybe even the whole day - they have an area you can take your own picnic to and enjoy!

Here are some pics, enjoy!

1 comment:

Lu-Gerda said...

Hi, Ek het seker 2 jaar laas kom lees op jou blog en toe ontdek ek dat ek ook genoem word.
Dit was 'n heerlike dag gewees. Ek moet defnitief 'n plan maak om weer te kom kuier. Dan kan ons dalk na die robbe gaan kyk met die boot(aangesien ons nie die vorige keer daarby uitgekom het nie)